I’m talking about George Reeves.
- Not Christopher Reeve
- Or Dean Cain
- Or any of those who followed
It was an era of black and white TV and, in retrospect, comical special effects. But, to a child, Superman’s powers mesmerized.
How would those superhero powers translate into business?
Power #1 – Flying
Who wouldn’t want flying powers? As a child, I had a recurring dream of flying. I told you I loved Superman. Imagine what you could do with your business if you had the power of flight.
- You could make a really cool entrance to a networking event
- You could fly above any business situation and spot trouble ahead
- You’d never have to deal with rush hour again – oh wait, that’s called freelancing
Power #2 – Speed
Faster than a speeding bullet, you would beat all competition to the finish.
- You’d be the first in line every time
- You’d burn up the keyboard with your speedy text
- You’d have speedy answers and faster results
Power #3 – X-ray Vision
Talk about seeing all the solutions. You’d be a walking, mobile MRI for businesses.
- You’d see through every gimmick
- No closed door could shield industry secrets
- You’d get to the source of every problem
Power #4 – Heat Vision
Not only can you see through anything, but you can fry circuits with your eyes, too. Oh, be still, little devil sitting on my shoulder – ah, the possibilities.
- You could be your own energy source and never need another charger
- You’d laser in on every problem and destroy the competition
- You’d snuff out global warming (in case you worry about my use of power)
- And you’d drop spammers in their tracks
Power #5 – Super Hearing
Baby boomers rejoice. All those years of old time rock-n-roll would not take their toll.
- You’d hear conversations across a crowded business event
- While your x-ray vision works on the closed door, your super hearing tunes in
- You’d hear the mumbled musings of geniuses at work
Dream or Fantasy
Sometimes we think of business goals as a dream, or even fantasy.
Lest you think all of this is just a dream, consider this quote from psychologist, Carl Jung, who knew a thing or two about dream analysis.
“All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination?”
Could happen, right?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- What superhero powers do you wish you had?
- How would you use them for your business?
Helping you Keep it simple, clear & uniquely yours – contact me for help with your business writing needs.