Business blog post topics are as popular as receiving holiday gifts.
Using the holiday season, let’s put a new twist on an old theme – the Twelve Days of Christmas.
- Do you remember the lyrics?
- How about all those gifts?
Don’t worry. I have a list right here – and a few business blog topics, too.
Consider it a holiday bonus.
A partridge in a pear tree
Wondering how the heck you twist that into a post idea?
- Have you ever found something unexpected in your business? Topic idea right there.
- Has the fruit of your labor produced an added bonus? Blog about it. How did it come about?
- Have you ever received a business gift you didn’t know what to do with? What did you do?
2 turtle doves
I wonder if turtle doves play nice with a partridge.
- Think about business partnership that paired two unlikely sources. What conflicts did you encounter? How did you resolve them?
- Did the partnership click from the beginning? What strengths did each partner bring? How did they complement one another?
3 French hens
We’re getting a flock of birds here.
- Blog about a networking event where you felt like the odd man out
- Write a blog post about your first venture internationally (French – get it? So my mind works in weird ways)
- Write about a presentation you gave to a very diverse audience. What challenges were there? How did you overcome them?
4 Calling birds
What? More birds? Stop with the birds.
- Have you had a run on products and run out? Blog about the experience. How did you respond?
- What if you have too much stock? Analyze why you are overstocked and write about it. Not enough marketing? A product idea that missed the mark?
- Is your market crowded with a bunch of newcomers? What new perspective do they bring? Is there a mentoring or training opportunity for you?
5 Golden rings
Now we’re talking – some bling.
- Blog about a customer service experience that really shined (yours or another business’)
- When did you know you struck it rich (literally or metaphorically)? Share your journey in a blog post
- Have you ever felt sticker shock over the price of a product or service (hopefully, not yours, but hey – blog about it)
6 Geese a laying
Attract one bird and others follow.
- How have you attracted more readers to your business blog?
- What lessons did you learn from laying a big goose egg with a product launch?
- A blog post? Another business idea?
7 Swans a swimming
We’re swimming in the birds now. Cleanup is going to be a mess.
- Are you swimming with ideas? How do you create new ones?
- How do you handle when you’re left swimming in too much stock? What has been your most innovative sales strategy?
- How have you cleaned up a mess from business strategy gone foul (or fowl – sorry, couldn’t resist)
8 Maids a milking
Finally, a human touch here.
- When did you know you had to outsource? Blog about the experience.
- What business tasks would benefit from a more organized approach? Write about steps you’ve taken to improve productivity.
- Do you feel like you’ve squeezed everything you can from a product or service? What can you do to get new ideas flowing?
9 Ladies dancing
Girl power – bring it on.
- Blog about a successful launch that left you dancing
- Have you ever felt like you were tap-dancing around an issue? How did you finally face it?
- What tactics did you use to take action?
10 Lords a leaping
It’s about time we got the gents in here.
- Blog about the last time you took a big leap of faith. How did it work out?
- What do you do to keep your staff happy?
- Write about the experience of leaping from one project to another and keeping everything on track.
11 Pipers piping
Ah, music to drown out the squawking birds.
- What’s your pipe dream? Share your dream on your business blog.
- Have you followed a pied piper to a bad idea? When did you know you’d been led astray?
- Describe a project that came together in perfect harmony.
12 Drummers drumming
The bird squawking must be getting really loud.
- How do you drum up new customers? Share some of your marketing strategy.
- Do you dance to the beat of your own drum? How so? What makes your business unique?
- Have you beat a business idea to death? Is it time to let it go? Blog about what you did to let it go or to get it to play a new tune.
This list ought to last you longer than 12 days and move right into the new year.
What holiday gift ideas do you have for your business blog?
Helping you Keep it simple, clear & uniquely yours – contact me for help with your business writing needs.